Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Shoes New Shoes

So I finally bought some new boots. Actually I tried to buy them about 2 weeks ago, and I apparently have no idea what my shoe size is. I thought I was a 37, but apparently I'm wrong. I thought my feet grew when I gave birth, but that actually might not be the case.

Anyway.. shoes, right.


I bought these bad boys on sale from Amazon.

(Only in black of course. I couldn't find a picture of them in black and I'm too lazy to point a camera at my feet.)

Everything I had read about El Naturalista is that their sizing runs small, so order larger than you normally wear. Well, I normally wear Danskos and I have to wear them in a 37. They are clogs, so you wear them a little large so they kind of fall off of your foot. I also have Miz Mooz in 37 that fit fine and Keen in 37 that fit fine. SO I ordered a 38 thinking I was playing it safe.

Turns out I made a wise decision in ordering these particular shoes because not only were there plenty of them in stock, but they kept going on sale. I originally ordered them at $118 in size 38. They were GINORMOUS. Like flippers. I very sadly and impatiently decided to return them.

Then it snowed. UPS was closed for 3 days. Bastards.

So finally I returned them. Waited very very patiently for the return to go through and ordered 37, signed up for Amazon Prime to get them faster and gave myself a high five for being so awesomely patient. ALSO I had to pay about $4 for return shipping, so I ended up getting $113 back. The second pair I bought for $98 because they were on sale further.

They came. I rushed to get them out of the box, threw them on, walked around and realized wow.. they are still too big. Like slippy and uncomfortable big. I wanted them to fit so so bad. I walked around and around and looked in the mirror, kept pressing my toes thinking, grow feet grow! But they never grew. I drove to UPS that day.

I didn't wait for the return to go through. I went ahead and ordered a third pair in 36. They came today!!! I'm still highfiving myself for my patience. They fit beautifully and are fabulous. AND AND AND.. they only cost $89. So in total I spent $8 on return shipping. So $113-8 = $105 and $105 - 89 = $16. I saved $16 because I have no idea what size shoe I wear.

Moral of the story.. Keep ordering and sending back until the price hits bottom.

Also completely unrelated, they look oddly like my son's size 5 Elefanten toddler shoe, which I can't find a picture of for illustration, but they are similar and I swear I wasn't trying to look like him when I bought them.

Jason said they look very "Jessie," so I'll take that as a good sign.

Full review to come later with pictures, once I'm not lazy.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I like them. My shoes should arrive today. I got these: http://www.zappos.com/keen-coronado-ii-black-deep-sea. It's my attempt to look youthful. Tim likes them a lot, we'll see if they are keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super jessie! what color is the stitching on yours? someone needs matching handmade clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys like them. I can't take them off!
    I relaly like those Keens. I like the style of Keens as well, unfortunately the only pair I own were not very durable.
    I absolutely need matching clothes. The stitching is the same as the brown I think. It's sort of a brownish color. They can be seen better here:
    http://www.amazon.com/El-Naturalista-Womens-N727-Ankle/dp/B003AM7I1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295641027&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete